5 Broward County hospitals ranked by U.S. News Health
What makes U.S. News’ list of the highest-ranked hospitals even more exciting? The fact that five of them are in Broward County.
U.S. News Health updates its Best Hospitals rankings every July. The rankings are based on death rates for patients with exceptionally challenging cases, patient safety and other performance measures.
There are 16 individual specialty lists for national rankings. Hospitals that do not meet the national ranking requirements but score in the top 25 percent of analyzed centers receive recognition for being a high-performing hospital, and are then ranked in the Best Regional Hospitals within its state and metro area.
Top-ranked in Broward:
1. Memorial Regional Hospital (Nationally ranked in Pediatrics, ranked No. 25 in Florida)
2. Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital at Memorial Regional Hospital (Nationally ranked in Pediatrics)
3. Cleveland Clinic Florida (Ranked No. 13 in Florida, high-performing in eight specialties)
4. Memorial Hospital West (Ranked No. 21 in Florida, high-performing in three specialties)
5. Broward Health Medical Center (Ranked No. 23 in Florida, high-performing in two specialties)
And it’s not only Broward that has the best hospitals in the state. Nearby, five Miami hospitals also made the list.
1. Jackson Memorial Hospital (Nationally ranked, high-performing in three specialties)
2. Holtz Children’s Hospital at UM-Jackson Memorial Medical Center (Nationally ranked in Pediatrics)
3. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute-Anne Bates Leach Eye Hospital (Nationally ranked No. 1 in Ophthalmology)
4. Mount Sinai Medical Center (Ranked No. 14 in Florida, high-performing in six specialties)
5. University of Miami Hospital and Clinics (Ranked No. 23 in Florida, high-performing in two specialties)
It’s good to know we won’t have to travel far for some of the best medical care offered.