Avoid Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show Traffic With These Water Taxi Routes Or Alternate Parking Options
Every fall when the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show sails into town, traffic has us crying out for alternate modes of transportation—hovercraft or teleportation, perhaps?
Fortunately, this is the Venice of America, and we've got plenty of waterways, so one efficient option is getting to the boat show by, well, boat.
From Nov. 5 to Nov. 9, Water Taxi is adapting its water transportation routes for the boat show, with northern, southern and New River paths that offer limited stops focused exclusively on boat show locations.
Water Taxi will have 11 boats running throughout the five-day event that will drop off and pick up passengers every 10 to 15 minutes. It will operate Thursday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Monday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., which is one hour before the show starts and two hours after it ends every day.
All-day Water Taxi passes, available for $10, as well as five-day wristbands for $40, let passengers take advantage of unlimited rides. Pick-up locations with low-price parking include the Gallery One Double Tree Hotel, Riverside Hotel and the Convention Center.
Here are several designated parking locations for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show:
- Sails Marina: $25 parking, with shuttle service to the Convention Center and Bahia Mar Yachting Center
- Broward County Convention Center parking garage: Shuttle service to Bahia Mar, Sails Marina and the War Memorial Auditorium, as well as Water Taxi service to Pier 66 Marina and Bahia Mar
- War Memorial Auditorium in Holiday Park: $7 parking, with shuttle service to the Convention Center and Las Olas Marina
- The Galleria Mall: $7 valet parking service at the East Sunrise Boulevard entrance. Walk east to the Gallery One Doubletree Hotel, from which the Water Taxi will take guests to the boat show.
- Las Olas Marina: $60 parking
- Riverside Hotel parking garage: $5 parking, with Water Taxi service to and from Bahia Mar
To download the map of the three Water Taxi Routes and parking locations, click here.