East Las Olas Boulevard Named One Of The Most Expensive Streets In America
Fort Lauderdale is home to one of the priciest streets in the country.
East Las Olas Boulevard came in among the top 15 most expensive streets in America, according to a recent list compiled by professional services and investment management firm Jones, Lang, LaSalle, IP, Inc. The rankings were based on the rent costs per square foot basis.
Yes, Las Olas is popular for restaurants, boutiques and more, but apparently the rent is steeper than you might think. The firm reports that the cost on the coveted street is $44.30 per square foot, which is about $16 higher than the average market rate.
Nearby Royal Palm Way in Palm Beach also made the list, coming in at No. 9 with a cost of $58.07 per square foot.
For comparison, the average rent on the most expensive street on the list, Sand Hill Road in California, is $141.60 per square foot.
The top 15 most expensive streets on the list include:
1. Sand Hill Road, San Francisco Peninsula
2. Hamilton Avenue, Silicon Valley
3. Fifth Avenue, New York
4. Greenwich Avenue, Fairfield County
5. Mission Street, San Francisco
6. Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C.
7. Boylston Street, Boston
8. Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles
9. Royal Palm Way, Palm Beach
10. Newport Center Drive, Orange County
11. Congress Avenue, Austin
12. El Camino Real, San Diego
13. East Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale
14. McKinney Avenue, Dallas
15. Louisiana Street, Houston
(Image Courtesy of Facebook/Las Olas)