FAME Summer Series Will Make You Not Want To Leave Fort Lauderdale Beach After Sunset
A Fort Lauderdale Beach restaurant group wants to bring fame to the area—its FAME summer series of food, fashion, art, music and entertainment, that is.
It’s Better on the Beach—an umbrella group for local restaurants Spazio, Tsukuro, Sangrias, St. Barts Café, Blondies and Rock Bar—is launching the FAME events series with a party at Spazio Italian Restaurant and Wine Lounge on Thursday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The summer schedule will include arts and entertainment events held at the Fort Lauderdale Beach restaurants from July through September. (A list of events happening this July can be found at the bottom of this post.)
It’s Better On The Beach CEO AJ Yaari explained that the goal of the FAME series is to highlight Fort Lauderdale Beach as an area that has more than traditional beach activities. Vibrant food, art, music and entertainment options abound, he said.
“Our local community tends to enjoy the beach during the day, but after sunset many travel back over the bridge to Las Olas and the Downtown Arts districts for dinner and entertainment,” Yaari said in a press release.
The FAME kickoff party will feature a live fashion performance, in which Melodie Blaize will create wearable art in front of guests, and an art showcase exhibiting Laurence Gartel’s art cars, as well as works by local artists. A pioneer of digital art, Gartel will bring his Chrysler 300 Art Car and and Mercedes-Benz SL65 RENNtech.
Guests can also create their own artwork with the interactive #BestSummerEver Art of the Selfie Station and #SayItWithClicquot Art of Spoken Word. At the party, real-time tweets, posts and video will be broadcast on four flat-screen TVs.
RSVP to receive free admission, light hors d’oeuvres and drink specials. The first 300 guests to register also receive a complimentary drink.
The GARTEL Mercedes-Benz SL65 RENNtech art car will be on display at FAME's launch party.
The Art of Wine
- July 16: Monthly Third Thursday Benefit Wine Tastings at Spazio
- July–September: 20 percent off all bottles of wine Monday through Thursday at Tsukuro and Spazio
The Art of Food and Wine
- July 21: Monthly Third Tuesday Tasting Dinner at Tsukuro
The Art of the Cocktail
- July 10: National Piña Colada Day – Complimentary Malibu Rum floaters at Blondies 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- July 24: National Tequila Day – 50 percent off Iced Patron Coffee Pitchers at Spazio, Tequila Tasting at Blondies Sports Bar, and 2-for-1 Margaritas at Sangrias Mexican Cantina
The Art of Conversation (July)
- Family Reunion Month: Children under 12 dine free from the kid’s menu with any adult entrée purchase at Tsukuro (Monday through Thursday) and Spazio (Monday through Friday)
- “Say it with Clicquot!” at Spazio and post a video to Twitter, Vine, Periscope or Facebook using the Veuve Clicqot branded megaphone with the hashtags #sayitwithclicquot and #spaziofl for the chance to win two tickets to the Art of Champagne Tasting on Aug. 7.
- Live jazz nightly from 7–11 p.m. at Spazio
- Live Latin jazz and flamenco nightly from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Sangrias
- DJ Eran Hersh every Saturday from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. at Tsukuro
- DJ Thursday through Sunday from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. at Rock Bar
- Brunch + Beats with DJ Eran Hersh every Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Tsukuro
- July 20: Fortune Cookie Day – Children’s Fortune Cookie Origami Giveaway at Tsukuro
- July 31: Full Moon Party hosted by Blue Moon Beer Co. at Tsukuro
- July–September: SnipTease Live Fashion Reconstruction at Rock Bar every Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For the extended calendar and updates, visit ItsBetterontheBeach.com.
Spazio Italian Restaurant and Wine Lounge; 239 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale