Florida Has The Best Beaches In The Country, According To TripAdvisor Travelers
Sorry, Hawaii. Florida has the best beaches in the country.
At least according to TripAdvisor's 2016 Travelers' Choice Awards.
On Thurdsay, TripAdvisor announced its list of the world's best beaches, as well as the best in the United States. To come up with its list, the travel planning and booking site pored over traveler ratings and reviews for beaches over the last 12 months.
Clearwater Beach in Florida topped the national list of the top 25 beaches, beating out Lanikai Beach on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, which came in second.
“We know travelers around the globe love sun and sand vacations, so we’ve tapped the TripAdvisor community to help us identify the world’s best beaches,” Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor, said in a press release.
Six of the top 10 were Florida beaches, including St. Pete Beach and Pensacola Beach. Our very own Fort Lauderdale Beach made the top 20.
TripAdvisor also identified the best months of the year to visit each one. Turns out we can rest comfortably knowing the travel company says, for Fort Lauderdale, the best time to go is pretty clear: year-round.
The award-winning Florida beaches for 2016, as listed on the website, are as follows:
1. Clearwater Beach - Clearwater
3. Siesta Beach - Siesta Key
4. St. Pete Beach - St. Pete Beach
7. Pensacola Beach - Pensacola Beach
9. St. Augustine Beach - St. Augustine Beach
10. Beach at Panama City - Panama City Beach
11. Henderson Beach State Park - Destin
18. Fort Myers Beach - Fort Myers Beach
20. Las Olas Beach - Fort Lauderdale
23. Navarre Beach - Navarre