How To Nail ‘The Bachelor’ Auditions In Fort Lauderdale With Tips From Vinny Ventiera
It’s no secret that South Florida is brimming with young, attractive and single professionals. That’s why ABC always stops by for casting calls leading up to new seasons of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette."
Want to experience a rose ceremony for yourself? "The Bachelor" auditions are coming to Fort Lauderdale on July 16 at the Riverside Hotel from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
We asked South Florida local and "The Bachelorette" and "Bachelor in Paradise" contestant Vinny Ventiera how to impress the casting crew:
What are five tips for anyone auditioning for the show?
Honestly, you just have to be comfortable in your own skin. I tell friends that are casting to just be open and that there is no wrong or right answer when you have "The Bachelor" interview.
- Dress to impress, because why not!
- Don’t be afraid to tell them about the struggles and insecurities that you have had in life. It will show that you are comfortable and relatable.
- Hold the conversation. The casting producer asked me one question and I ran with it for 30 minutes. Just show them you can have and hold a meaningful conversation.
- Doesn't hurt to brag about your accomplishments in life.
- And, of course, make sure you explain why you are ready to get married. That’s the point.
How has being on the show affected your love life?
Participating in a show that has to deal with love and emotions has changed my life in a positive way. I got to show people that I am not afraid to be myself and expose my personal life on a national scale.
Fans understand and relate to your story in life. I love meeting people that watch the show and that are fans of me; it's a great feeling. I've missed a flight once because I was talking to a lady about how dating had been hard for her in the past. Being recognized is an amazing feeling. And I wore my heart on my sleeve, so America realized that and knew I was genuine. I usually get a lot of positive feedback from females in the dating world, but it's hard to differentiate the girls that want to date Vinny Ventiera or Vinny from TV.
What can we expect to see from you in the future?
Luckily, I am giving it another shot at love on TV. I'll be on "Bachelor in Paradise" season four, airing on Aug. 8 and then on the season premiere of my good friend Patti Stranger’s “Million Dollar Matchmaker” airing on Aug. 4 on WE tv.
Photo courtesy of Vinny Ventiera