Snag Free Sunglasses All Around Fort Lauderdale For National Sunglasses Day Saturday
Saturday is National Sunglasses Day, and in Fort Lauderdale, that means free sunglasses.
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau is distributing yellow Hello Sunny sunglasses at several locations in the Broward area Saturday. (They’ll be giving them out in Oakland Park on Friday evening.)
Though we may think of our sunglasses as a trendy accessory, it’s important to remember they serve an important purpose here in the Sunshine State. Sponsored by The Vision Council, National Sunglasses Day is meant to remind Americans to wear UV-protective eyewear.
In honor of this year’s Broward 100 celebration, anyone who picks up a pair of sunglasses can take a photo wearing them and post it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for a chance to win a $25 American Express gift card.
To send it into Visit Lauderdale, mention @visitlauderdale and use the hashtags #HelloSunny, #Broward100 and a third hashtag specific to the pick-up location.
The following are the distribution locations and their corresponding hashtags:
- Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood at the concierge desk #DipIntoSummer
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale at the front desk #SunnySuites
- Hampton Inn Plantation at the front desk #HamptonPlantation
- Sonesta Fort Lauderdale at the front desk #SonestaSunnies
- Westfield Broward at Caribbean pop-up store next to Best Buy from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. #WestfieldBroward
- The Westin Beach Resort Fort Lauderdale at the front desk #HeavenlyShade
- Sawgrass Mills at guest services #ShopSawgrass
- The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale at guest services #GalleriaFtLaud
- City of Oakland Park at City Hall #OaklandPark (Friday only)