AFP National Philanthropy Day Awards
HONOREE GROUP PHOTO (from L to R): Chase Polyak, Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy; Letty Vendrell, NPD Co-Chair; Dan Smith, Goodyear Blimp Base, Pompano Beach, Outstanding Small Corporation; Bob Birdsong, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser; Barbara Wells, Lillian S. Wells Foundation, Outstanding Foundation; Doug Bartel, Florida Blue, Outstanding Large Corporation; Dennis Stefanacci, ACFRE, Outstanding Fundraising Executive; Shannon Brown, NPD Co-Chair.
Individually pictured: Helene and Stephen Weicholz, Philanthropists of the Year and Dr. Lourdes Martinez Cowgill, Lifetime Achievement.
The Fort Lauderdale/Broward Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) will host its 28th Annual National Philanthropy Day® Awards Luncheon on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at the Signature Grand in Davie. Members of the community are invited to join in the celebration and pay tribute to eight local honorees in the areas of volunteerism, foundation and corporate philanthropy, and executive fundraising.
The 2015 National Philanthropy Day® Honorees are:
- Philanthropists of the Year : Helene & Stephen Weicholz nominated by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation and JAFCO
- Outstanding Large Corporation: Florida Blue nominated by Barry University
- Outstanding Small Corporation: Goodyear Blimp Base, Pompano Beach nominated by Miller, Calhoun & Company
- Outstanding Foundation: Lillian S. Wells Foundation nominated by Broward College Foundation
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional: Dennis Stefanacci, ACFRE nominated by Broward Health Foundation
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Bob Birdsong nominated by Broward College Foundation
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy: Chase Polyak nominated by Big Dog Rescue Ranch
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Lourdes Martinez Cowgill nominated by Barry University
Event Chair, Shannon Brown commented, “The slate of honorees for 2015 is a remarkable representation of the altruistic spirit that is alive and strong in our community. There are many exceptional philanthropists in Broward County, and we are delighted to honor these amazing individuals, corporations and foundations.”
The National Philanthropy Day® Awards Luncheon represents one of the year’s largest gatherings of South Florida’s most well-regarded philanthropists, CEO’s, board members and non-profit executives. Attendance at the event is expected to exceed 600 – making the 2015 NPD Awards the largest in more than a decade. Revenue from the annual event is used to facilitate professional development training for fundraising professionals, as well as support AFP’s monthly educational luncheons for nonprofits.
Individual tickets to the event are priced at $75. Event sponsorships are available and range from $1,500 to $10,000. Ads may also be purchased in the NPD Journal for prices ranging from $75 to $900 ($900 ad includes table for 10 at the event plus full page advertisement). For more information about sponsorships and ads, visit afpbroward.org.
For more information on the National Philanthropy Day® Awards, contact event co-chairs Shannon Brown at 954.673.2743 or Letty Vendrell at 954.253.1110.