4 Places To Spend The Holidays Around The World
Brimming with events throughout the holidays, Boston is the perfect destination to get into the festive spirit. Experience the magic of Christmas in the heart of Boston at XV Beacon, a renowned hotel located on Beacon Hill. Guests can retreat to one of 63 rooms to enjoy a cozy evening with the in-room, gas-lit fireplaces and cashmere blankets.
Throughout the 2018 holiday season, guests can take advantage of seasonal packages:
- New Year's Eve at XV Beacon – Admire the New Year's fireworks from XV Beacon’s exclusive roof deck, and enjoy all the first night/first day festivities in Boston with the luxury hotel's New Year’s Eve getaway package. The promotion includes a bottle of bubbly, the best seats in the city for the 7 p.m. fireworks display, 2 p.m. late checkout and 20 percent off XV Beacon’s best available rate for any additional nights. The rate is $560. Redeemable with the code PRONYE.
- Holiday on the Hill – Visitors looking to enjoy the finest shops on Beacon Hill and do a little Christmas shopping will enjoy XV Beacon's "Holiday on the Hill" package, which also comes with a $200 American Express gift card. Warm up in your room's fireplace after holiday shopping with two hot toddies or drinks of choice from Mooo….. Upgrades to the next room category at the time of booking are based on availability. Rates start at $640. Redeemable with the code PROHOL.
- Egerton House Hotel's Dreaming of a Harrod’s Christmas – Perhaps the world’s most famous department store, Harrod's is transformed into a festive wonderland at Christmastime, overflowing with irresistible gifts, glittering decorations and the sweetest of holiday treats. With the exclusive "Dreaming of a Harrod’s Christmas" package, guests receive a complimentary $63 (£50.00) voucher to spend at the store, which is a five-minute walk from the hotel. This two-night offer also includes afternoon tea for two, a glass of Champagne per guest and a full English breakfast on both days. For two adults sharing, prices start from $924 (£730.00) for two nights; www.egertonhousehotel.com
- Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair – A Christmas-themed afternoon tea is a perfect way to warm up and relax after a busy day of shopping and festive strolls in London. This lovely afternoon tradition starts with a warming shot of mulled wine and features a selection of finger sandwiches, scones and sweet treats, including a Chocolate yule log, cranberry and coconut Christmas balls, and gingerbread man cupcakes. All served with your choice of loose teas, flowering teas, coffee, and a special Chesterfield Christmas blend tea. The rate is $57 per person. For bookings, please call 011 44 207 491 2622, or visit their website.
Holiday Celebrations at Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort and Spa – This season, swap a white, snowy Christmas for the white sand and azure ocean on the newly renovated Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort and Spa’s famed Seven Mile Beach. Upon arrival, guests can decorate ornaments to add their personal touch to the lobby Christmas tree trimmed in Caymanian elements such as shells, starfish and tones of blue, silver and gold. Throughout their stay, families can partake in holiday-themed programming including decorating gingerbread men, photos with Santa at the gazebo on Beach South, festive face painting and a kid's Christmas cooking class with Sandy Tuason, the hotel's executive chef. Guests can also enjoy Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day brunch and dinner at Beach House against the backdrop of Seven Mile Beach.
- New Year's Eve Dinner Party – For those looking to ring in 2019 in the company of the Westin Grand Cayman, the resort is offering a New Year intention-setting poolside event, as well as an early NYE celebration for the little ones. Enjoy a beachside New Year’s Eve dinner party at the resort, complete with dancing, live music, a full buffet and sparkling wine. Price is $270 with the open bar and $192 without, and kids ages 12 and under are $54. Call 345-945-3800 to make a reservation.
- Home for the Holidays at The Chesterfield Palm Beach – This special seasonal offer by The Chesterfield Palm Beach includes two nights in a beautiful room or suite, a complimentary glass of Champagne on arrival, English breakfast every morning, valet parking service and a mixology lesson with two cocktails per person. If you plan to hit the beach, the hotel will supply towels, chairs and sunscreen for you to take. Prices start at $335 per night (excluding taxes) for two adults sharing a classic queen superior room. This offer is valid through Jan. 2, 2019.
- New Year’s Eve Gala – Ring in 2019 at The Chesterfield Palm Beach's glittering and glamorous New Year's Eve Gala in the Leopard Lounge and Restaurant. Indulge in a mouthwatering four-course menu, dance the night away to live entertainment, and welcome the new year with party favors and a Champagne toast at midnight. Price is $150 per person for 6:00 p.m. seating (dinner only); $275 per person for 8:30 p.m. seating (dinner plus New Year's Eve Gala). Reservations are required.
- Christmas Dinner at The Breakers Palm Beach – This resplendent Christmas Day feast at The Breakers Palm Beach in the Ponce de Leon Ballroom is filled to the brim with shiny chandeliers, magical lights and beautiful holiday decorations. The extravagant buffet dinner offers the very best of the holidays, from classics like hand-carved beef tenderloin and rack of lamb to fresh seafood, including Alaskan King crab legs, caviar, clams, spiced jumbo, shrimp cocktails, oysters and sushi. End your feast with an assortment of decadent desserts, including crème brûlée, peppermint bark, cakes and pies. Dinner is from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and $175 per person, $60 for children ages 11 and younger.